Wednesday, June 19, 2013

STITCH WITCHERY CURTAINS


HOW TO MAKE CURTAINS IN AN EVENING - SEW OR NO-SEW INSTRUCTIONS.


Chose the fabric that you want and while you are at the fabric store ask some “stitch witchery. ” This is a no-sew iron activated adhesive. Great curtains Tammy! It makes the room look so much brighter! And what is stitch witchery anyway? Must be called something else here I guess? Stitch Witchery Fusible Bonding Web is regular weight and can be used for hems trims and I purchased this to hem all my curtains. Success! My Stitch Witchery-created cafe curtains look FAR nicer than anything I could have sewn. Discuss Crafts - Making curtains with Stitch Witchery. Dritz Stitch Witchery Heavy Duty Tape- 5/8''W x 13yds # 1922830. that doesn’t ruin the curtains, and can easily be changed outI went and bought a yard and a half of fabric and some stitch witchery. Fusible webbing products like Wonder Under and Stitch Witchery have become ubiquitous. Stitch Witchery is a bonding glue that you apply with the iron. If you use Stitch Witchery, you'll be left with a residue when you try to separate them.
HOW TO MAKE CURTAINS IN AN EVENING - SEW OR NO-SEW INSTRUCTIONS

HOW TO MAKE A DECORATIVE SHOWER CURTAIN WITHOUT SEWING | EHOW.COM.


iron (used for hair,) to press the hem in place. However, I didn't use them right away because the panels were too short. So I devised a plan to lengthen these babies using store bought curtains and Stitch Witchery. Though, it is better to practice the paint s on a rough cotton fabric before starting it up on the shower curtain. Stitch Witchery Fusible Adhesive Iron Straight edge or yardstick Ironing Cloth An easy no-sew idea for the kitchen is ,cafe curtains from tea towels. My Stitch Witchery-created cafe curtains look FAR nicer than anything I could have sewn. Attach two panels together using iron-on Stitch Witchery to get and secure the hem with a glue gun or more Stitch Witchery. I hemmed the bottom(and all of the sides) with Stitch Witchery. I have never used that stuff before and it is awesome. I just put some Stitch Witchery between the accent strip and the curtain, pined in place to make sure it would be straight, and ironed away. Stitch Witchery® Last Updated: June 11, 2004. What is it? Stitch Witchery is a polyamide fusible web that permanently bonds two layers of fabric together. store bought curtains are not always straight. Slowly move around the entire panel until the stitch witchery holds the seams together. I just decided I needed curtains in my NEW “Big Girl Room” and wasn’t in store (Joe Ann’s for me) to get 5 1/2 yards of Burlap and a pack of Stitch Witchery.


THE FEMINIST HOUSEWIFE: NO SEW CURTAINS.


THE FEMINIST HOUSEWIFE: NO SEW CURTAINS

WELCOME to Stitch Witchery, We are committed to QUALITY, CONVENIENCE SERVICE! She used a sewing machine and lined her drapes but, you could get the same look with hem tape/iron on stitch witchery. What is the difference between stitch witchery and fusible tape? Both press with iron is one more heavy duty? Bed Sheets to Curtains. What is the difference between stitch witchery and fusible tape? Both press with iron is one more heavy duty? Step One: Cut the canvas to the size of your window. IKEA curtains with grosgrain ribbon, adhered with Fabri-Tac glue {much better than using Stitch Witchery/hem tape} by hollanddina. Best Answer: Yes, you can, or you can use fabric glues. A good fabric store will have many options for you. Some are even washable. Set steam iron on Wool and press for 10 seconds on each side. Stitch Witchery makes projects like this so much easier than sewing. I love this fabric and think that these curtains look great in your room. I have fallen in love with Stitch Witchery.


SERGER SEWING MACHINES: DRITZ STITCH WITCHERY TAPE- 1-1/2 INCH W X.


SERGER SEWING MACHINES: DRITZ STITCH WITCHERY TAPE- 1-1/2 INCH W X

It's amazing! Plus, there is no way that I could have bought curtains for the same cost that I made these. I have fallen in love with Stitch Witchery. It's amazing! Using an iron and following the instructions on the stitch witchery package, hem the shower curtain to your desired length. I decided to make my own drapes using paint drop cloths and a stencil that I already had. The drop cloths were $9.99 each at Lowes. I've never had much luck with stitch witchery,especially on things that will be washed Sewing is very enjoyable, but I wouldn't buy a machine just for the drapes. For the bottom and the top hem, I was using 2” wide stitch witchery. Because of that, whatever length I wanted my drapes to be, I had to add 4 inches to that number. I've never seen any one look more lovely dressed in a shower curtain :) I will have to try some of that Stitch Witchery. Subtitle: How I chickened out of sewing my curtains and used Stitch Witchery instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment